YouthBuild Savannah is a full-time, comprehensive youth and community development program. Eligible young men and women, who have not yet completed high school, spend nine (9) months participating in the following activities: GED Instruction, Construction Training, Leadership Training, Community Involvement, Life Skills Training, Supportive Services and Counseling.
Interested youth must complete an application to begin the selection process for program participation. After completing the application and orientation process, youth will be enrolled as a YouthBuild Trainee. Participating youth learn and use their construction skills to improve the community by building affordable housing for eligible and deserving families. Each trainee receives above minimum wage for their work on the construction site. Each participant may be eligible to receive pay raises, based upon performance in the program. Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are assisted with job placement and/or advanced training opportunities.
Youth Build eligibility criteria
- Age 16 to 24 and not attending school
- Resident of Savannah, GA
- US Citizen or Eligible to work in the US
- Registered with Selective Service (Males Only)
- Proof of Income
Have one or more of the following barriers:
- Individual with a disability
- School dropout
- Not attended school for at least the most recent complete school year calendar quarter
- A high school graduate who is: basic skills deficient; or an English language learner
- Homeless, runaway, or foster child
- Pregnant or parenting
- A low-income individual who requires additional assistance to enter or complete an educational program or to secure or hold employment
For more information, contact the YouthBuild Savannah Learning Center at 912-651-2166 today!