Resources to Help You Find Your Next Job
Our Job Centers can help you find and train for gainful employment. We can connect you to other workforce development resources to include helping you prepare for interviews and make a good first impression to employers. The following services are offered to job seekers, at no charge:
Job Centers also provide a variety of resources to assist you in finding employment.
- Scholarship funds to cover certification tests, classes and related cost
- Occupational skills training including internships and On-the-Job Training (OJT)
- Priority connections to employers who are looking for your skill set
- Labor Market Information
- Personalized job leads and job search assistance
- Job Readiness Workshops
- Community and Business Resource Information
- Access to Job search tools including internet, telephone, and fax usage
- Basic Skills/Literacy Assessment
- Career Guidance
- Resume Development and Interviewing Skills Assessment
- Training Opportunities
- Financial Management Classes
- Referrals to Community & Social Service Resources
- Adult basic education including GED, math and/or English and computer literacy classes
- Self paced e-learning lab and resource room
- Testing for the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
- Networking opportunities
Already enrolled in training?
If you are already enrolled into a high-demand training program, we may be able to offer you a scholarship that can be applied toward your tuition, books or fees.
Georgia Work Ready Online Participant Portal
Job seekers can register with Georgia Work Ready Online Participant Portal to apply for jobs, seek training opportunities, and learn more information about career advancement opportunities. Georgia Work Ready Online offers the following advantages to job seekers:
- Search job postings pulled from thousands of job-search websites
- Find training programs in the Coastal region
- Learn how to transition to another career by studying the skills required in that industry
- Upload resume for employers to review for job opportunities
- Track the status of an application after submission to an employer
- Study real labor market information, including wage and labor projections
Contact the Coastal Job Center near you for an appointment, today!