Coastal Workforce Development Board
The Coastal Workforce Development Board (CWDB) is a unique group of private/public community leaders charged with planning and oversight responsibilities for workforce programs and services in the 10-county region. The CWDB brings together leaders of the private sector, public agencies, education, labor and community-based organizations to focus on the regional labor force, regional economy and the local community needs.
Board members are appointed by the local elected officials with a majority of the representatives belong to the private sector.
The Board is responsible for creating a 4-Year Strategic Plan, implementing and evaluating the regional workforce delivery system and providing oversight to achieve the following goals:
- Enhance program coordination and service delivery of WorkSource Coastal operations
- Understand the skill needs of the employers in the region, identify gaps between these needs and current workforce, and to work to close these gaps
- Ensure a qualified workforce is ready, willing and able to meet the needs of the regional business customer
- Renew partnerships with regional private sector, education, training and community development partners to maximize integration and impact of services and to eliminate gaps and redundancies in regional workforce development efforts
- Youth and young adults have the academic and job readiness skills required by regional employers
- Employers have the skilled workers they need to remain globally competitive
WorkSource Coastal, a division in the City of Savannah’s Economic Development Department is CWDB’s Administrative Entity. All grants and contracts are entered into with the City of Savannah, the fiscal agent, on behalf of the Coastal Workforce Development Board.
|Board Member Name||Locality Representing|